The Club Duathlon Championship is normally run on a Sunday in mid March of each year as a ‘warm-up’ to the start of the triathlon race season.
Distances and Course
The distances consist of a 6.84 km (4.25 mile) run, 28 km (17.5 mile) cycle and 4 km (2.5 mile) run.
The first run is in Farnham Park and takes in one large loop of the park before returning to the Leisure Centre. (Click here for a map of the Duathlon run 1 route).
The transition takes place at Farnham Leisure Centre. (Click here for a map of the transition area).
The cycle route is and ‘out-and-back’ loop through Farnham town centre, and along the A31, with the turn at the A32 roundabout south-west of Alton. (Click here for a map of the Duathlon cycle route).
The second run is in Farnham Park and takes in one small loop of ‘The Avenue’ before returning to the Leisure Centre. (Click here for a map of the Duathlon run 2 route).
- Individual must be a ‘paid up’ FTC member.
- All BTF competition and technical rules apply, in particular use of an cycle helmet (No helmet = no race!)
- Rear bike lights have now become compulsory for FTC events regardless of the weather conditions.
- The overall winners are decided by the fastest time over the course.
- Age categories for awards can be found here.
Alternative Duathlon Distances
During the season the club also runs a number of ‘non-championship’ duathlon races over a variety of distances such as sprint (4k/15k/4k) or long (7k/38k/7k). Distances will be published on the Race Calendar and in the weekly newsletter prior to the event. 15k cycle route is as per Sprint Triathlon, 38k cycle route is as per Olympic Triathlon. Please check with the organisers if you are unsure of the route.